This summer Britain will celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee June 2-5. If you’re able to visit during the celebration you’ll be rewarded with special events both in London and throughout the country. But, even if you can’t be in Britain during the celebration, there is still plenty to do and see in the United Kingdom.
Amy’s top suggestions include visiting movie and TV filming sights of
- Scotland for the Outlander’s fans,
- Liverpool for the Peaky Blinders fans,
- Cardiff Castle for Doctor Who fans,
- and Bridgerton Hall for Bridgerton fans.
For those wanting an active tour of Britain, Amy suggests
- climbing the historic Cutty Sark and zip lining over the River Thames,
- taking a speed boat on the River Thames,
- exploring Britain’s rivers, coasts and canals on a paddle board,
- or clocking speeds of 70mph while zip lining in Aberdare, South Wales
And for those visiting Britain with kids, Amy suggests
- spending time at the Diana, Princess of Wales’ Memorial Playground near Kensington Palace
- and visiting The Shard for a special Peter Pan Afternoon Tea.